Joe Princi grew up watching his father at work, taking over the business at just 18, and further building on Princi’s reputation for excellence. Michele is the latest family member to join the business, which officially opened its new home in Bicton in November 2020 after establishing its reputation in Fremantle.
P. Princi Butchers has won many awards for its produce at the Perth Royal Show over the years, as well as been recognised nationally. Awards include:
- 2019/2020 WA Australian PorkMark Ham Awards (Gold)
- 2019/2020 WA Australian PorkMark Bacon Awards (Silver)
- 2015 Royal Melbourne Fine Food Awards (Gold)
- 2015 Royal Melbourne Fine Food Awards (Silver)
- 2014 Royal Melbourne Fine Food Awards (Gold)
- 2014 Royal Melbourne Fine Food Awards (Silver)
The shop offers the following Buy West Eat Best products: beef, lamb, pork, chicken, goat, rabbit and turkey. It is open seven days a week, Monday to Saturday, 8am-6pm; Sunday, 8am-5pm.