- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl. Make a well in the centre. Whisk in the butter, milk and egg until mixture forms a smooth batter.
- Peel, core and slice the Granny Smith Apples, about 1 cm thick.
- Combine the vanilla sugar and cinnamon in a tray, set aside for the piping hot doughnuts to go into.
- Heat oil in a deep pan and get ready to start cooking these heavenly ﬂuffy puffs.
- Coat apples with the extra ﬂour and dip into the batter.
- Remove excess batter by wiping with your ﬁngers.
- Place the doughnuts in the hot oil and cook until golden brown.
- Do not drain, simply remove the apple doughnuts with a pair of tongs and turn in the prepared cinnamon sugar mixture.
Eat them just as they are or with a scoop of your favourite ice cream.