1. Preheat the oven to 200°C.
2. Combine the sugar, butter and wine in a saucepan and bring to the boil.
3. Boil for 3 minutes.
4. Put the apples in an ovenproof dish and stuff the holes with chopped figs.
5. Pour the sauce over the apples and sprinkle with cinnamon.
6. Lightly cover with foil and bake in the oven for 40 minutes or until the apples are tender.
7. Baste with sauce every 10 minutes and remove the foil for the last 10 minutes of cooking.
8. Serve 2 halves of apple for each person and drizzle with the sauce.