1. Combine all ingredients and slowly brew sauce for 10 minutes on low heat.
2. Allow the sauce to cool down before using as a marinade.
3. Place the pork and marinade into a zip lock bag, removing as much air as possible. Then zip the bag shut. Toss the marinade around for a while and allow three hours to develop the Cha Siu flavour.
4. To cook, drip-dry the pork from the marinade and place on a roasting tray with a rack at 200°C (or BBQ).
5. Line the roasting tray with about one cup of chicken stock and set the pork over the tray to roast.
To serve, thinly slice the pork and serve over steaming Asian stir fry vegetables and noodles or rice.