Crab and corn croquettes
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and slowly cook the onions, add the ﬂour and stir with a wooden spoon until it leaves the sides of the pan.
- Slowly add the milk and cream, mixing well with a strong wooden spoon, add creamed corn and the cheddar and adjust seasoning.
- The mixture is very thick and needs to cook for at least 15 minutes.
- Stir well and try not to catch on the bottom of your pan. Fold through crab and crumbs. Cool and roll into cylinders about 5cms long with the diameter of a 20 cent piece.
- Set up 3 different trays or bowls from left to right with plain ﬂour, beaten eggs and crumbs.
- Place the croquettes in the ﬂour and coat well, drop into the beaten eggs and coat well again.
- Finally, place the croquette into the crumb mixture and roll in the crumbs with your ﬁnger tips.
- For a crunchier crumb, repeat the egg and crumbs process.
- Place these rich, creamy crab and corn delights into a pan of frying oil.
- Cook gently until golden brown.
- Place on some absorbent kitchen paper and serve immediately.
More recipes you might like: