1. Heat olive oil in a frying pan until hot and just smoking.
2. Season the skin side only of the fish steak with freshly ground black pepper and Western Australian lake salt.
3. Cook for about 3 minutes until skin is crisp. Remove pan from heat and place on a tray in a preheated 180*C oven for 6/7 minutes. Remove and keep warm.
4. In another pan, fry minced garlic, grated ginger, curry leaves and chopped chillies in a tsp of oil until fragrant.
5. Add in black bean sauce, milled black pepper, palm sugar, kecap manis and about 100ml water.
6. Simmer on low heat until mixture resembles a glossy, dark glaze.
7. Shell edamame and blanch beans in hot water. Save some beans for the garnish and salad. Place hot beans and a touch of water in a blender to process into a smooth consistency. Add knob of butter and season to finish.
8. Prepare green mango salad by combining all salad ingredients and a handful of whole soy beans.
1. Spread small amount of soy bean dip on one side of plate
2. Nestle crispy-skin barramndi fillet next to dip
3. Garnish salad with fresh coriander sprigs. Place green mango salad next to fish.
4. Garnish dish with remainder of fresh soy beans adn dressing.
5. Brush black pepper glaze on barramundi skin just before serving.