For the walnut crumb
- Blend the toasted walnuts into a powder.
- Mix blended walnuts, sugar, and toasted sesame together in a mixing bowl. Set aside.
For the Muah Chee
- Mix the glutinous rice flour with 300ml water, a pinch of salt and sugar together in a mixing bowl.
- Place a pan on medium-low heat, adding 1 tbsp sesame oil or shallot oil.
- Pour mixture in the pan and keep stirring with a spatula (or chopsticks!) and keep cooking until it forms a dough.
- Insert a metal skewer into the dough and remove, if the skewer comes out clean, it’s ready.
- At this stage, the dough is very sticky, which is normal.
- Use scissors to cut the dough into smaller pieces, then roll them in the walnut crumb
For the caramelised banana
- Add butter to the pan on medium heat. Add sliced banana and cook until soft, add the caramel sauce and cook for a few minutes until sticky.
Spoon the walnut coated Muah Chee on the plate and add some caramelised banana. This dish pairs well with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or Browne’s Dairy Thickened Cream.
Recipe created by Chef Vincent Lim.