1. Combine cream and sugar in a saucepan.
2. Heat gently while stirring until the sugar dissolves and liquid begins to simmer.
3. Remove from heat. Stir through vanilla extract.
4. Dissolve gelatine in warm water.
5. Add to cream mixture.
6. Pour into 6 x 150ml ramekins or moulds.
7. Place in the fridge for 3-4 hours or until set.
8. Meanwhile, in a frying pan, heat sugar, water and lemon juice.
9. Add pear quarters. Gently poach over medium heat until just tender.
10. Place pears and cooking syrup in a bowl and refrigerate until cool.
11. Turn panna cottas out onto serving dishes and team with poached pears and syrup