1. Combine gnocchi ingredients in a bowl and mix well to combine.
2. Roll teaspoonfuls to form rough balls and set aside. It will be very soft and needs delicate handling.
3. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to the boil.
4. With a slotted spoon, gently place the gnocchi into the water two or three at a time.
5. When they rise to the top, allow 30 seconds before draining on the slotted spoon and removing them.
1. To make the sugo combine all ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat and bring to the boil.
2. Drop to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes. Season.
3. In an appropriate-size baking dish spread 2 cups of tomato sauce evenly over the base.
4. Top with the gnocchi. Drizzle remaining sauce over the top then sprinkle with parmesan and crumbled gorgonzola.
5. Bake at 180C for 15 minutes or until sauce is bubbling at the sides and the cheese is beginning to brown.
Recipe from The West Australian Fresh, Thursday 3rd September 2009, and is used with permission of The West Australian.