1. To make the stuffing, place all ingredients into a bowl and mix well. Set aside.
2. To spatchcock the poussins lay them breast down on a clean bench then using kitchen shears cut down either side of the spine, taking it out completely along with the top of the neck. Flip the birds over and flatten them out using the heel of your hand.
3. To stuff the birds, ease the skin from the breast and spoon a quarter of the stuffing into the pocket.
4. Rub the birds down with olive oil then season with salt and pepper.
5. Lay them on a wire rack inside a roasting tray, top with a sprig each of rosemary and pour over the wine and lemon juice.
6. Place them in a preheated oven at 220C for 25 minutes.
7. Take the birds from the oven and baste with the juices in the bottom of the tray.
8. Turn the oven down to 180C and continue cooking for 15 minutes, basting at least once in this time.
Recipe from The West Australian Fresh, Thursday 3rd September 2009, and is used with permission of The West Australian.