- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Cook sweet potatoes and royal blue potatoes until soft. Add butter and salt before mashing. Once mashed set aside the potato mixture for later.
- In a large saucepan, heat olive oil. Add onion and cook for 4-6 minutes or until translucent.
- Add garlic, carrots, mushrooms, and herbs. Cook for 8-10 minutes or until the carrot is slightly soft.
- Next add the tomato paste, flour and dried mushrooms, cook for a further 2 minutes before adding in the red wine, vegetable stock, peas, salt and pepper. Let the mushroom filling simmer for 5-8 minutes or until you get a thick gravy texture.
- Transfer mushroom mixture to a baking dish and spread an even layer of potato mixture on top. Brush butter on top and bake for 20-25 minutes.
Recipe thanks to Jordan Bruno.