A joint initiative by industry group Fresh Markets Australia (FMA) and the Central Markets Association of Australia (CMAA), the program supports 500 independent fruit and vegetable retailers nationally, who supply more than half the fresh produce sold across Australia, by engaging consumers and highlighting the benefits of shopping at independent retailers.
FMA and CMAA work hand in hand with industry partners to create campaigns that encourage consumers to buy from independent retailers to keep the Australian fruit and vegetable industry thriving.
A better choice!
What does it mean?
A better choice of available products
A better choice for freshness
A better choice for knowledge and service
A better choice to support your local community
A better choice for you and your family
Member benefits include:
Marketing: Licence to use the A Better Choice brand
- Exclusive use to program members
Driving traffic to your website and your store
- Social media advertising to drive consumer awareness across the country
- Premium listing on the website store locator
- Market updates with retailers
- Digital media campaign to drive consumers to buy from greengrocers
- Opportunity to share social media content to boost your online presence
Point of sale material and other tools
- Point of sale material: posters, recipe cards, wobblers, seasonal guides
- Access to a merchandiser to assist with promotional merchandising
- Website with recipes, blog articles and produce content, you can use and share
Lower cost via national buying power
- Increased media buying power through combined advertising budgets
- Branded merchandise at bulk purchasing prices.
- Increased opportunity for media coverage and public relations due to national appeal
- Access to the latest industry codes and regulations, consumer insights, industry trends and marketing/communication advice