- Puree a third of the pitted cherries and set aside.
- In a stand mixer or with a handheld beater, whisk the cream until stiff peaks form.
- Gradually add the sweetened condensed milk to the cream, whisking until combined.
- Gently stir in the halved cherries and cherry puree.
- Pour the mixture into a shallow, airtight container with a lid and place in the freezer.
- Freeze for 6 hours or overnight.
Remove the ice cream from the freezer about 5 minutes before serving to soften. Serve in waffle cones or in bowls, garnished with extra cherries.