- Preheat oven to 150˚C.
- Place the ribs in a large baking dish, and season well with salt.
- Add water to the baking dish so the ribs are nearly covered. Seal the top of the baking dish with foil and bake for 2 hours or until ribs are very tender.
- Place wine, brown sugar, vinegar, tomato sauce, tomato paste, oregano, garlic and bay leaf in a saucepan.
- Simmer the sauce for at least 45 minutes and season to taste. The sauce should be rich and thick.
- Raise oven to 200˚C.
- Remove ribs from roasting pan. Pour off all fat and water and baste ribs with sauce.
- Bake an additional 20-30 minutes. (You can stop and re-baste halfway through).
- Cut ribs and serve with additional sauce. HEAVEN!
Recipe thanks to Jordan Bruno.