2018 BUY WEST EAT BEST SUPPORT LOCAL COLOURING IN COMPETITION
Terms and Conditions
1) Information on how to enter forms part of the terms and conditions of entry (Terms and Conditions). Entry into the ‘Support Local Colouring In’ competition (Promotion) is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. Headings in this document are included for ease of reference, and do not affect interpretation in any way.
2) The promoter of the Promotion is the Department of Primary Industries and Regional Development, Western Australia (ABN 18 951 343 745), (3 Baron-Hay Court, South Perth WA 6151).
3) The Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook or, Instagram.
4) All references to time in these Terms and Conditions are a reference to the local time in Perth, Western Australia, Australia.
5) The Promotion commences at am Saturday, 22 September 2018 AWST and closes at 11:59am on Saturday, 29 September 2018 AWST (Promotion Period). The major prize winner will be awarded by Tuesday, 2 October 2018 at 5pm AWST.
Eligibility to enter the Promotion
6) Subject to clauses 7 and 8, entry is open only to West Australian residents with a current West Australian postal address (Eligible Entrants).
7) Entrants must be adults and over the age of 13 or have a parent or guardian post on their behalf.
8) Businesses are ineligible to enter the Promotion.
9) Directors, management, employees, agents, and their immediate families of the Promoter or Promotion Partners and any of their related bodies corporate are ineligible to enter the Promotion.
Entry into the Promotion
10) To enter the Promotion, Eligible Entrants must, during the Promotion Period show us how you support local by posting a photo of the support local coulouring in page onto Instagram and hashtagging #buywesteatbest. The colouring in page is available for collection at the 2018 IGA Perth Royal Show between 22 September 2018 and 29 September 2018 or you may request through emailing [email protected]
11) Eligible Entrants must not make their post from a business social media account.
12) Eligible Entrants may submit multiple entries.
13) Eligible Entrants social media accounts must be set to public (discoverable).
14) The time of entry is deemed to be the time an entry is received by the Promoter.
Invalid entries into the Promotion
15) The Promoter is not responsible for any incomplete, incorrectly submitted, lost, late or misdirected entries.
16) The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and whether any entrant is an Eligible Entrant (including any entrant's identity and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process.
Drawing of winners
17) Entries will be judged by the Promoter on the basis of originality and creativity throughout the competition period.
18) Chance plays no part in the selection of winners.
19) The decision of the Promoter is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
20) The Promoter will notify the winners via the Instagram page by requesting a private message on Instagram at the time stated in clause 5 for the selection of the winners.
21) The Promoter will arrange for winners to contact the Department of Primary Industries and Regional Development, Western Australia to collect and redeem their prizes.
22) There will be eight (8) Promotion winners.
a. The major prize is an AUD100 2 Hour Whale Watching Cruise gift voucher with Rottnest Fast Ferries voucher which expires 24/11/2018 and a Buy West Eat Best gift pack valued at AUD30.
b. The gift voucher may not be redeemed for cash. No credit or change will be given on the unused portion of the certificate.
c. The gift voucher is not replaceable if lost, stolen, or destroyed.
d. Gift vouchers that have been photocopied in any way will not be accepted.
23) All prizes are inclusive of GST.
24) Each prize must be taken as stated, is not transferable to another person (unless agreed by the Promoter in its absolute discretion), cannot be exchanged for other goods or services, and cannot be taken as cash. It is a condition of accepting each prize that the winner accepts the conditions of use of that prize.
25) If a prize (or part of a prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its absolute discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize up to the equal value or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
26) As a condition of accepting a prize, the prize winners consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and voice (including photographs, film and recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration and without notice for the purpose of promoting this Promotion (including any outcome), promoting the Promoter or Promotion Partners and promoting any products manufactured, distributed or supplied by the Promoter or the Promotion Partners (Purpose).
27) If any Promotion winner cannot be contacted within one month of the end of the Promotion Period has not complied with these Terms and Conditions or forfeits their prize, the Promoter will select a replacement winner.
28) This Promotion is not open to entrants under the age of 18. Any entrant under the age of 18 who is selected as a winner will forfeit the prize on presentation or discovery of evidence that they are younger than 18.
29) As a condition of accepting any prize, the Promotion winner must sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter in its absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
30) As a condition of accepting any prize, the Promotion winner must provide proof of their identity to the Promoter in the form required by the Promoter.
Reservation of rights
31) If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these Terms and Conditions, the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations. The Promoter reserves the right (subject to any applicable law) to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Promotion at any time.
32) Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
Limitation of liability
33) The Promoter and others associated with this Promotion and their respective related bodies corporate, officers, employees, contractors, and agents will not be held liable for any loss, damage, injury or death whatsoever which is suffered or sustained (including but not limited to direct, indirect and consequential loss and including but not limited to any loss, damage, injury or death arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this Promotion, the promotion of this Promotion, the installation or any use of any prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case the liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
Use of Personal information
34) All entries become the property of the Promoter.
35) This clause 35 sets out the basis on which the Promoter may use an Eligible Entrant’s personal information, such as their name, age and town of residence (Personal Information):
a. Eligible Entrants warrant that any Personal Information that they provide to the Promoter is accurate;
b. Eligible Entrants irrevocably consent to the Promoter using any Personal Information which they submit in connection with this Promotion on an on-going basis for any purposes connected with the Promoter’s business, including the conduct of the Promotion and publication of prize winners;
c. the Promoter’s use of an Eligible Entrant’s Personal Information in accordance with this clause 35 may involve:
(i) publication in any media (including the Promoter’s websites, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter page, in print and on television); and
(ii) disclosure to third parties (including State and Territory lottery departments and the Promoter’s contractors) in connection with the Promoter’s business;
36) The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from accepting the prize. Eligible Entrants should seek independent financial advice.
37) If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter or which prevents the Promoter from complying with these Terms and Conditions, the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations.
38) These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of Western Australia.