- Rinse the octopus tentacles under cold water and bring a saucepan of water to the boil. Once boiling, salt the water and add the octopus. Simmer for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the octopus is tender enough to pierce easily with a skewer. Drain and cool.
- Score the squid hoods diagonally both ways.
- Heat a BBQ hotplate to medium high.
- Combine the oil, garlic, lemon juice and zest and thyme leaves and brush over the seafood.
- Cook the seafood for 2–4 minutes on each side or until charred and just cooked through. If you do not have enough room on your hotplate, cook in batches and remove to a plate, keeping warm.
- Arrange the grilled seafood on a bed of lettuce on a serving platter, with scattered lemon wedges.
- Combine the egg, garlic, salt and a third of the olive oil in a food processor. Pulse until combined.
- Continue processing and drizzle the olive oil in slowly, until the sauce begins to thicken.
- Add the lemon juice. Process until you reach the desired consistency. Taste and add salt if needed.
- Serve with the seafood platter