- Bring a small saucepan of water to boil, drop in julienne zest and cook 20 seconds, remove and
- chill in iced water. Drain and reserve.
- Bring sugar, lime juice, and water to boil, remove from heat and cool. When room temperature,
- add gin and cooked zest, reserve in refrigerator
- Bloom gelatin leaves in cold water until they become soft.
- Place passionfruit pulp, sugar and water in small saucepan and bring to boil.
- Strain through a fine strainer to remove seeds, then place about ¼ seeds back into the liquid.
- Return to stove and bring to simmer again. Squeeze excess water from gelatin leaves and add to
- liquid, simmer until dissolved and pour into thin layer 3-4MM thick onto a plate.
- Cool in refrigerator.
- Heat mango puree in a small saucepan to simmer, meanwhile whisk the egg yolks, sugar and
- cornflour together.
- Pour mango puree over egg mix, whisking to combine, place back in small saucepan and cook
- over low heat until set (approx 85C if you have a thermometer).
- Strain, cool and reserve.
- Beat cream with sugar to soft peaks, reserve in refrigerator
- Place the bananas into the bowl of food processor, blitz to a creamy consistency, reserve in freezer.
To put it all together:
- Place Chantilly cream into large bowl, add a generous amount of meringues into the bowl (reserve some for garnish) and add several generous scoops banana ice cream.
- Place a large dob of the cream onto the plate, garnish with the entire range of fruits, pipe mango custard around the plate, drizzle with lime syrup and drape with pieces of the passionfruit jelly.