- Preheat your oven to 220C. Line a baking tray with foil
- Place whole capsicums on tray and roast, turning regularly, for 30-40 minutes or until the skin is charred.
- Remove from oven and using tongs, seal capsicums in a ziplock plastic bag for 15 minutes.
- Once capsicums have rested, rub the charred skin off with a paper towel and remove stem and seeds.
- Using your hands, pull the flesh into strips and add to a clean bowl. Mix with 1 tablespoon each of olive oil and red wine vinegar and garlic clove, then season with salt and pepper. Rest for 1 hour to develop flavours.
- Slice crusty bread and toast. While hot, arrange on a platter and spread generously with goat’s cheese.
- Spoon roast capsicum over the cheese and serve immediately.
Garnish with fresh basil leaves.