1. Heat a large saucepan or wok over medium heat.
2. Add the oil and cook the onion, stirring often for 2 minutes.
3. Add the garlic, carrot and pumpkin and cook for 5 minutes, stirring often.
4. Add the mushrooms and cook for a further 2 minutes.
5. Add the curry powder and cook for 2 minutes.
6. Stir in the coconut milk and bring to the simmer.
7. Add the broccoli and cook for 3 minutes or until all the vegetables are tender, then fold in the spinach.
8. Season to taste with salt and pepper, then spoon the curry into 4 serving bowls with the rice and garnish with the spring onions.