Given their popularity, chances are you’ve already tried more than one of these divine recipes. If you haven’t, what are you waiting for? Aside from being crowd pleasers, they don’t require you to be a master chef, or demand an arduous hunt for ingredients.
Naturally, our top 10 for 2022 also showcase the best of West Australian produce:
- Beetroot & balsamic relish – This really makes the most of the beautiful beet. The relish goes well with cold cuts and cheese, or your favourite cut of cooked meat, and keeps for several weeks in the fridge.
- Banana honey bread – Toasted with lashings of butter, or served warm with yoghurt and fresh fruit, this is bound to become a household staple.
- Crispy skin barramundi on Asian greens – The perfect midweek meal, this dish is ready in no time at all but looks and tastes like fine dining.
- Chicken wonton soup with Asian greens – When you need something comforting, this soup ticks all the boxes. Full of flavour and easier to make than you might think.
- Apple & cinnamon donuts – Eat them just as they are, warm or cold, or serve with a scoop of your favourite ice-cream or fresh WA cream. You’ll be happy either way.
- Braised beef cheeks in red wine – Stay warm on cool nights with these richly mouthwatering beef cheeks served over light and fluffy mash.
- Thai sweet potato soup – Put a bit of spice in your life without too much effort – just add a couple of tablespoons of your favourite Thai curry paste to the vegies and hey presto!
- Leek, ricotta & cheddar flan – This one involves a little more investment but there’s something very satisfying about making your own pastry. And you can take the leftovers to work the next day.
- Homemade sausage rolls – Hot or cold, these little beauties can be packed into lunchboxes or served with salad or vegies for a complete meal. They also freeze well.
- Lobster pasta with cherry tomatoes – Buy pre-cooked WA rock lobster from one of our seafood members and whip up this perfect pasta dish in no time.